Skip to main content
HomeFind a Neuropsychologist
Background Image URL //

How do I find a Neuropsychologist?

While MNS does not endorse or recommend individual practitioners, here are some ways you can look for a neuropsychologist to provide an evaluation.

1. Call your insurance company and ask for a list of approved Pediatric or Adult Neuropsychologists.  This is often the best place to start, since different psychologists are contracted with various different insurance companies.

2. Ask your pediatrician (or PCP) for a referral.  Your doctor will often have a list of neuropsychologists they refer their patients to.

3. Ask the Special Education department in the school (or college) for neuropsychologists they use or recommend when a further evaluation is indicated.

4.  Inquire with relevant organizations if they have a list of, or recommendation for, local neuropsychologists.  Sometimes organizations such as AANE (Asperger's Association of New England) can offer suggestions.  EAP's (Employee Assistance Programs) may also provide referrals.

5. Check with any of your other providers- psychotherapists, psychiatrists, social workers- if there are neuropsychologists they have worked with or would recommend.

A helpful public resource for locating neuropsychologists near you can be found on the Massachusetts Psychological Association website at this link.

DISCLAIMER: MNS does not endorse individual practitioners and is not responsible for the quality of care provided by its members. MNS serves the public function of providing community information and education and any information provided by MNS is for informational and educational purposes only.

Upcoming Events
Upcoming Events
Recent Articles
Recent Articles